What is IBM Watson?
IBM Watson is an AI capable of answering questions posed in natural language. It has been developed in IBM’s DeepQA project and has access to over 200 million pages of structured and unstructured contents. IBM first used WATSON software system commercially in February 2013, for utilization management decisions in lung cancer treatment in New York. Nowadays, Watson for a wide range of industry solutions like Financial Services and Media along with a bunch of Developer Options and tools for optimization by multiple companies and users.
Watson helps leading brands to collaborate artificial intelligence along with their media to increase monetizing opportunities and increase viewership. IBM has also launched its Watson Video Enrichment software which is a one of a kind in the market. It analyzes textual, audio and visual data within the available multimedia content so that every metadata package can be made quickly searchable for every asset in your library. This in other ways helps you understand the content provided in various new techniques, which in turn benefits your media business across all areas. The benefits might be from high viewer engagement through better content recommendations to increased operational efficiency and higher ad revenues.
Watson Helps Your Business:
- Content Discovery – with more premium service providers then ever in the market, it has become a matter of great importance to make your content searchable on the web and also deliver a superior user experience to maintain your viewer base.
- Recommendation uplift – helps broadcasters’ gain more in-depth understanding of viewing habits that enables then to publish contents appealing to viewers.
- Closed captioning – real-time and accurate closed captioning for living as well as other media contents which are complicated and expensive are provided at an effective cost by Watson.
- Highlight clipping – Watson analyses and finds most relevant highlights of the sports world and records these moments so that they can be easily availed online as highlights to be available on social demand.
- Compliance monitoring – adult content recognition, violent and objectionable stuff recognition which might be otherwise costly but is essential for every service provider can be automatically checked and identified by Watson.
Watson Financial Services:
Watson Financial Services uses the power of the AI to delve deep into customer experience and engagement and as a result, optimize the regulations for smooth flow. It helps ahead of the traditional rules and policies and demographic views and help have a deeper understanding of the basis of customer profitability. These preferences and lifecycles help provide a more personalized approach to risk management and compliance to help you stay ahead of others in this competitive sphere. By providing a more customized support in the financial system, it helps customers improve their experience and invest more in them.
The Customer insight programs help change the way the customer behaviors are identified, and this helps create personalized offerings and campaigns which in turn improves customer sales and service and enhance customer-company relationships. These programs are:
- Watson Customer Insight for banking
- Watson Customer Insight for wealth management
- Watson Customer Insight for insurance
The Risk and Compliance programs by Watson help in transforming regulatory compliance by using the AI that helps in identification and understanding the requirements and improves the efficiency of addressing these problems adequately. These programs are:
- IBM RegTech
- Watson regulatory Compliance
- Surveillance Insight for Financial Services